User Agreement for Suppliers - The Events Directory
Last updated: August 2020
Thank you for engaging with The Events Directory website www.theeventsdirectory.com, an endorsement-based directory site (the “Site”) for event suppliers and freelancers (a “Supplier” or “you”).
This User Agreement for Suppliers (the “User Agreement”) sets out the terms and conditions on which The Events Directory offers you access to and use of our Site, and the services we provide via the Site. Please take time to read this User Agreement carefully as it provides important information which creates a safe, fair and enjoyable experience for all of our Suppliers.
If you do access or use the Site (and, in particular, if you register to use the Site), it is understood that you agree to this User Agreement. Please be aware that if you do not accept this User Agreement you must not access or use the Site.
Who we are
Our full company name is The Events Directory Ltd (“The Events Directory”, “we”, “us”, “our”) and our registered office is 19 St. Johns Avenue, Knutsford, England, WA16 0DH. We are registered in England and Wales with the company registration number 12341317.
What do we do?
The Events Directory is a ‘check a trader’ style website for the events industry. Suppliers sign up to the Site, list their goods/services and can recommend/endorse other suppliers they may know. Organisations, companies and individuals (a “Customer”) can then view the Site to obtain details of Suppliers they would like to work with for their events and also short-list their favourite Suppliers by creating an account with us.
The Events Directory does not seek to associate itself in any official capacity (whether by partnership or association) with any of the Suppliers listed on or otherwise using the Site.
What should I do if I have questions, comments or enquiries?
Please do contact us any time by emailing email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback about this User Agreement or the Site, including if you think that any particular content should not be appearing on the Site or has been posted incorrectly.
What other policies apply to the Site?
This User Agreement refers to the following additional policies, which also apply to your use of the Site:
- Our Cookies Policy. This sets out information about the cookies on our Site.
You must respect and comply with these policies when you are using the Site.
Will this User Agreement ever change?
The User Agreement may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will always be available on the Site.
We will also indicate at the top of this User Agreement when it was last updated.
Any revised version of this User Agreement will be effective immediately when displayed on the Site.
USING THE SITE
What do I agree to if I register to use the Site?
When you register for you or your organisation to access and use the Site, you agree:
- to make sure that all details you provide during the registration process (including any details about your organisation if signing up on behalf of an organisation) are truthful and accurate
- to let us know promptly if any of the details you have provided stop being accurate
- to be entirely responsible for any activity that occurs under your profile name
- to keep secret your login details (including your password) - you must change your password if you believe it is no longer secret
- to set up no more than one account for your or your organisation, unless we have otherwise consented
- to tell us as soon as you can if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
You must not allow any other organisation or person to use your designated account.
Who owns the content on the Site and how can I use it?
Unless otherwise stated, all intellectual property rights in the design, url, text, graphics, look and feel and any other material on the Site is owned by The Events Directory or other third parties. You may read, download and print extracts from the information displayed on the Site for your own use subject to the restrictions set out in this User Agreement.
All rights in and to the name and any associated trade mark/logo of a Supplier and any other intellectual property rights of a Supplier are and shall remain the exclusive property of the Supplier and The Events Directory shall acquire no rights to use such names or intellectual property rights, other than those expressly created by this User Agreement.
You must not, without our prior written consent, copy, reproduce, republish, redistribute or share material from the Site.
Will information on the Site always be accurate?
All information regarding a Supplier and their products/services is listed on the Site for descriptive purposes only.
We endeavour to uphold a high level of transparency and accuracy when listing information on the Site. Where we list content on behalf of a Supplier, although every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the listing (and all other information on the Site) is accurate at the time of publication, it will not always be kept up to date. Similarly, although all Suppliers are required by this User Agreement to only display content on the Site that is accurate and lawful, we cannot verify and guarantee in all cases that this will be the case.
Our liability for your use of the Site
Please note that we will not be liable to you for any loss or damages, including for loss of income or business or increased liabilities, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise from:
- the use of or inability to use our Site
- reliance on any information contained in the Site, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Site or any such information
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including any inaccuracies in details of any goods/services offered by a Supplier which are listed on the Site
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, the Site
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in the Site
- your need to modify practices, content, or behaviour or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to the User Agreement or our policies.
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Site or any content on it.
Nothing in this User Agreement shall exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under this User Agreement if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
Will the Site always be available to use?
We try to keep the Site secure and functioning properly at all times, but we cannot guarantee the continuous or uninterrupted operation of or access to the Site. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
What must I do when accessing the Site?
You must behave in a respectful way to all other users of the Site.
You must also treat information you obtain from the Site with respect and use it only as permitted under this User Agreement.
What must I not do when accessing the Site?
You must not:
- use the Site to break any laws of the country in which you live, or encourage anyone else to break those laws
- copy content from the Site unless permitted under this User Agreement (please see our answer to the question ‘Who owns the content on the Site and how can I use it?’ (above)) or otherwise infringe intellectual property rights belonging to The Events Directory or any other users of the Site, including other Suppliers. Intellectual property rights include, amongst other things, trade marks such as The Events Directory logo and other Supplier’s logos, and copyright, which protects the Site and each Supplier’s content, including imagery, photography and the like
- upload content to the Site which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, or impersonate any person or organisation or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation
- modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on the Site
- attempt to hack into the Site
- suggest that The Events Directory endorses or approves you or any other Supplier, listing, product, service or content without our prior written agreement.
What happens if I do not comply with this User Agreement?
If we believe that you have not complied with this User Agreement, we may:
- refuse your further use of and/or access to Site
- delete your account and remove your subscription
- remove and/or edit any information you have published on the Site.
What links are included on the Site?
We have no responsibility under this User Agreement for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of any Third Party Sites.
The fact that we have included a link to a Third Party Site from the Site should not be taken as an endorsement of that Third Party Site, or any association with its operators, by The Events Directory.
Can I post links to the Site on my website, or other social networking services?
As a general rule, The Events Directory will not object if you have a text link from your website, or social media page, to the Site that are accessible free of charge. However, you may not copy any part of the Site into different websites or products without our prior written permission. Nothing in this paragraph is intended to prevent you from re-tweeting marketing content from The Events Directory.
You are not allowed to link to the Site if you create or post any illegal, obscene, misleading, or offensive content, or if the link is likely to have a negative impact on The Events Directory’s reputation. You also must not falsely imply endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services to the Site.
The Events Directory will always have the right to restrict the use of links to the Site that require payment to access.
We reserve the right at any time and in our sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Site upon such request.
How will my personal information be protected?
What do I get from my subscription to the Site?
The Site gives Suppliers opportunities to endorse other Suppliers and also advertise your services to Customers. The Site is free of charge to use until June 2021, after which date payment will be taken for your subscription of the Site. We will contact you nearer the time to confirm payment details. After June 2021, payment is made on sign-up to the Site via debit or credit card.
Customers will be able to view and browse Supplier’s details to enquire about purchasing goods/services from the Supplier. Customers will also be able to short-list their favourite suppliers by creating an account with us.
You will be sent regular email updates from The Events Directory about how Customers have interacted with your Site including profile views and related analytics. Please contact us if you do not wish to receive these emails.
Any contracts for the purchase of goods and services will be negotiated and concluded directly between the Supplier and the Customer in question (and without involvement from The Events Directory), and The Events Directory will have no liability to any Supplier or Customer in respect of any such negotiations or contracts.
How do I sign up?
During registration we will ask for your contact name, telephone number, email address, information about your business, areas you work in and any pictures you wish to include. This information will then be visible to the public on your profile page. Suppliers can amend their profile details at any stage by logging into your admin section on the Site. The Events Directory will approve and/or amend any pages ahead of going live and throughout your subscription. If extensive or material changes need to be made to your profile before it goes live we will contact you to confirm you are happy with the change(s). We will not ask you to approve minor changes made by us to your profile including typos and formatting.
When listing on the Site, you agree that:
- you are responsible for the accuracy, content and legality of the content listed
- you are responsible for all costs and taxes (including penalties, fines, charges, or late payment interest) related to any sales made to Customers
- you own the necessary rights (including intellectual property rights) and have the necessary permissions from any third party to list and sell all of your goods/services listed
- you will not provide any information or content through the Site which is false, unlawful or which infringes any intellectual property rights
- content or listings that are found to violate this User Agreement (or any of The Events Directory’s policies) may be modified or deleted at The Events Directory’s discretion.
All listing prices must be in GB Pound Sterling.
By using the Site, you give The Events Directory full permission and the right to display on the Site your profile and listing(s), as well as your logo, social media links, photos you upload and other information related to your listing. We may also request to use other of your materials from time to time to display on the Site. You also permit The Events Directory to use your logo and name in any external sales and marketing materials (both during and after the period of any listing on the Site) and on our social media accounts.
How can I endorse other Suppliers?
Suppliers can browse the Site and see who else you know and would recommend. If Suppliers wish to endorse another Supplier you should click on the ‘endorse me’ button on that Supplier’s page and your badge will appear on the recommended Supplier’s page and there will be a summary of this on your admin section of the Site.
Can I cancel my subscription?
Which laws apply to my use of the Site?
Our Site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
The terms of this User Agreement, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
What other general rules apply to my use of the Site?
Nothing in this User Agreement and no action taken by a Supplier or The Events Directory under this User Agreement shall create or be deemed to create a partnership or establish the relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between us and no party shall have the right to obligate or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
If any provision of this User Agreement is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
If you have a dispute with one or more users of the Site, you release us from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
A person who is not a party to this User Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this User Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
The User Agreement and all policies posted on the Site are the entire agreement between you and The Events Directory and supersede all prior understandings and agreements of the parties.
A Supplier shall from time to time, upon the request of The Events Directory, execute any additional documents and do any other acts or things which may reasonably be required to implement the provisions or the purposes of this User Agreement.