New to the Industry - Anna Stanyon
A hard working and motivated individual, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts from Royal Holloway, University of London in 2019. 6+ years’ experience in customer service and 3+ years’ in administration and events/arts management roles, in a variety of sectors such as hospitality, education and retail. With a passion to work across arts, culture and live events and open to opportunities that may incorporate events/ arts management and production assistance.
EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR (LONDON), Mar 2021 - Part-Time
The Intern Group, London
Working in the role of ‘Experience Coordinator’ as part of the EUAF Experience
team and overseeing the London destination, with the key responsibility to socially and culturally emerge clients (international interns) into the country.
• Coordinating international students’ pre-arrival logistics, induction,
settlement, welfare and departure
• Keeping constant communication around interns’ wellbeing and monitoring their positive experience in the city
• Organising and executing an array of virtual and in-person events
• Managing and creating content for all social media accounts
EVENT STAFF, May 2021 - Freelance
Working at a variety of venues and assisting with events, however the client requires, on a freelance basis to understand further the process of event production and delivery. Some recent work includes Inflatable 5K Run at Kempton Park, Chiswick House, Food Show and Lords Cricket.
• Performing Arts Teacher- Various, Hertfordshire (Aug 2017- Apr
• Waitress- The Highwayman, WBC, Berkhamsted (Feb 2020- May 2021)
• Shop Assistant and Administrative Assistant- RHUL Students’
Union Shop, Egham (Mar 2017- Jul 2019)
• Varied Temporary Work- Cobham Consulting, Berkhamsted (Dec
2016- Aug 2018)
• Receptionist- Pour Elle Beauticians, Hemel Hempstead (Aug 2016- Jun
• Customer Service Assistant- Hubert Figg Pharmacy, Berkhamsted
EVENTS PRODUCING COURSE, Feb 2021
Creative Youth Network, Bristol
Working in collaboration with Portland Productions and Bristol Pride through a
series of workshops such as: how to develop and pitch creative ideas, event
marketing, live event management, budgeting & fundraising and running an event in a pandemic. The goal of the week focused on developing a prospective creative brief for a new youth area at Bristol Pride, which was later pitched to a group of industry professionals.
CAREERS AND EMPLOYABILITY OFFICER, Sept 2018- Jun 2019
RHUL Drama Society, Egham, Surrey
Running a ‘Spotlight’ scheme to employ members in roles at university and beyond, hosting any career- focused events such as workshops with industry professionals and managing alumni relations.
PRODUCER, Sept 2018- Nov 2019
RHUL Drama Society, Egham, Surrey
Managing budget, hosting fundraisers and socials, delegating tasks to the ‘Shadow/Assistant Producer’, overseeing marketing campaigns, acquiring rights, liaising with the Students’ Union and running the box office.
EVENTS COORDINATOR, Sept 2017- Jun 2018
RHUL MTS, Egham, Surrey
Managing frequent socials and fundraisers, piloting and hosting large scale event for 6 arts societies and running trips.
SOCIAL SENIOR PREFECT, Sept 2015- Jul 2016
HHS, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
First introduction to event management, working as part of the student executive board, hosting major social events such as Prom, Leavers and large scale partnership events across West Hertfordshire consortium.
ROYAL HOLLOWAY, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, Sept 2016- Jul 2019
BA Hons Drama and Dance (2:1)
• Including experience in performing, directing, scriptwriting and producing
• Dissertation: “Dramaturgy: A Study of Theatre Dramaturgy and the
Movement into Dance Dramaturgy”
Activities and Societies: Musical Theatre Society, Drama Society, The Student
Workshop (Theatre Company), Cheerleading- RHUL Bears (Level 2), Taximan
Theatre Company & The Mezz Theatre Company (Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2018/19)
THE HEMEL HEMPSTEAD SCHOOL AND SIXTH FORM, Sept 2015- Jun 2016
11 GSCEs A-C and A Levels: Dance (A), Drama (B), History (C) and
Sociology AS (C)
Activities and Societies: Social Senior Prefect, House Captain for ‘Nettleden’ House, Pulse Dance Company, Reverb Dance Company
• Time management
• Clean UK Driving License (Mar 2016)
• Enhanced DBS Checked (Aug 2017, renewed Dec 2020)
Passport Award 2019 (RHUL)
Awarded to students who represent dedication to extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, part-time work and societal contributions.
Best Overall Sales 2018 (RHSU)
Achieving the highest sales with the Union shop team that academic year.
Diploma Level 4 Event Management
Online CPD (Jun 2020)
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
Google Digital Garage (Jun 2020)
Effective Fundraising and Leadership in Arts and Culture
FutureLearn (in partnership with the University of Leeds) (May 2020)
Event Marketing and Event Sponsorship
Eventbrite (Oct 2019)
Event Planning Foundations
LinkedIn Learning (Oct 2019)
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Theatre-making and Performing Recent credits include:
• Supporting Artist work for the BBC, Channel 4 and film
• Writer for Show Face Festival online
• Performer experience at London and Edinburgh festivals
• Eager to incorporate into work in the future, desire to understand different