Masters Student - Caitlin Armitage Conway
Caitlin Armitage Conway
Msc student studying International Events Management with a first-class BA in Events Management with media studies. Each degree enables me to gather many skills such as analysis, finances, customer skills, planning, preparation, and design aspects. My main interests lie with the events industry as it is a thriving industry which has fulfilled a lot of my upbringing through concerts and live theatre. Through studying events management as a degree, it has broadened my mindset into the types of roles I am interested in, I would like to use my skill set in a role that allows me to creatively organise and manage events efficiently. This has influenced my career path as I am very eager to be involved in the events industry in the form of planning, creating, and managing.
Manchester Metropolitan University (2020-2022) Masters degree in International Events Management with internship.
Modules include: Event Sponsorship and Marketing, Cultural Events and creative placemaking, Global Issues in events, and event planning and operations units.
By completing this degree during the pandemic, it has improved my flexibility skills as our Live Event was impacted frequently due to the restrictions, this meant undertaking a virtual event via teams broadcasted to a captive audience, rather than an in person event.
University of Chester (2017-2020) Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Events Management with Media Studies.
Graduation date: November 2020 Classification: First Class (1)
Modules Included: The Live Event, Managing Major Events, Events Management in Practice, Management Research Project (Dissertation), Introduction to Events Management, Managing People and Organisations and Reading and Analysing Media.
June- September 2019: Loews Sapphire Falls and Universal Orlando Resort (Food and Beverage Intern)
- Running food - Cleaning tables - Assisting Servers with customer service -Assisting guests with queries about their holiday and information regarding Orlando - Providing strong customer service to every guest in the restaurant -
Team Working - Remained Calm and positive even when the restaurant was extremely busy
May - September 2018 / June-October 2020 (Seasonal): Jean Emporium School Wear (Sales Assistant)
- Fitting Students with school uniform - Cash Handling -Dealing with refunds and customer complaints - Generating Ideas for a social media platform -Presentation of store
Jun 2017 – Sep 2017 - Home Bargains (Sales Assistant)
- Cash Handling - Customer Service - Shop presentation skills - Shelf Stacking - Cash handling
April 2015 - September 2016: L’Amour (Supervisor)
- Cash Handling - Working solo with full responsibility - Responsible for Opening and Closing the store - Customer Service - Responsible for issuing refunds and complaints
2020 - Current: Volunteer at The Little Theatre Rhyl
The Little Theatre has recently changed ownership which has provoked a lot of changes within the venue. The building has not been updated in many years and is now being brought into the 21st Century. Since the pandemic I have been assisting in refurbishing the theatre in terms of painting and cleaning, creating fundraising ideas and assisting with innovating way to market The Little Theatre to change its perception. When the industry is back and running, I will assist in front of house, promotion, and ticketing.
2017 - Current: Volunteering at Events
- Matthew O’Brien Fashion Show - 2017 Chester Marathon - St Rocco’s Lantern Walk - Neighbourhood Weekender Festival - Chester Christmas Light Switch On - Created and executed a Live Event as part of Second Year Module (Raised £200 for Charity).
2018 - 2020 Vice President of Warrington Events Society for 2 years.
- Managed the Society and its members to ensure all members were involved and comfortable planning events and attending sessions
- Planned the universities major social events such as Christmas Ball, Halloween, and Summer Ball
- Attending meetings and gained relationships with many stakeholders e.g. Student Union, Venue, Security, and academic team. This required me to have strong stress and time management to do this role alongside my studies.
- Roles included: Creative lead, head of marketing, overseeing of finance, running sessions, dressing venue and gaining feedback
- Had complete control over the society’s social media including Facebook, twitter, Instagram and snapchat requiring me to create content, polls, improve interaction and schedule posts.
2019 Placement at Venue Cymru Theatre
- Worked with multiple different departments to gain experience in all areas of the Theatre such as programming, management, front of house, tech and marketing - Worked with Major shows and companies such as Annie,
Stereophonics and Strictly Come Dancing
- First hand experience
- Prepared Briefs
- University of Chester Ambassador (Assisted with recruiting new students and helping freshers settle in)
- Played on the Warrington Netball Team for 3 years
- Warrington Netball Charity Officer for a year (Including creating social media content for all fundraisers)
- Gained cultural experiences by spending 3 months living and working in America
- First Aid Trained
- Assistant Dance Teacher and part of a dance school for 7 years.
-Accepted onto the competitive Cultural Exchange Program at Walt Disney World (Cancelled due to Covid-19)