Graduate - Saoirse Ryan Moran
Saoirse Ryan Moran
I graduated last summer with a 2:1 in BA Event Management from the University of Greenwich. I’m currently freelancing working on live music festivals and events both in the UK and internationally. My main areas of interest are live music, bridal and fashion events. I’m based in London and would like to expand my knowledge base and maybe work in some areas I’ve yet to tackle in the industry.
I am a committed, reliable, and punctual person. I understand the importance of teamwork and the value of clear communication. I am self-motivated and proactive in getting my work done without the need of supervision, though I know when to ask for help if needed. I have a lot of experience in high pressure environments from retail, and working in the events industry - fulfilling high pressure roles such as Executive Event Assistant to the company director. I am confidently computer literate - I can learn systems and programmes very quickly. I am passionate about live music, theatre, film and fashion/art exhibitions. I am a person that loves to learn new things and allow for personal growth, and I look forward to the next step in my career.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
● BA Event Management Degree
● Effective management
● Skilled communicator
● Excellent time keeping
● Effective problem-solving
● Work under pressure in fast-paced environments
● Excellent team player
● Meeting deadlines on a regular basis
● Confident with REX (Retail Express POS System) and Shopify.
● Strong computer/ Microsoft literacy
● June 2021 – Current - Freelance: Ginger Owl Productions – Artist liaison/ Accreditation
o Key responsibilities: Meeting artists and helping with passes, escorting them to and from their dressing room to the stage – ensuring they were on time to sound checks and their full set. Ensuring dressing rooms were set up as requested and relevant paperwork had been filled out. Managing one’s own artist list. Managing attendee entry tickets as well as the artist and VIP/ Guest Lists and passes.
o Events include: All Points East Festival, Team GB Olympic & Paralympic Homecoming Shows, Wide Awake Festival, Cross the Tracks Festival, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Concert and Bafta: A night with…, MDL BEAST Soundstorm Festival – Vendor & Crew Support Co-ordinator (KSA), and the New Years’ Day Parade.
o Jeddah F1 & MDL BEAST Soundstorm KSA – Executive Assistant (Oct’21 – Dec’21)
- Supporting the company Director with day to day workings on both Soundstorm and F1. General admin and organisation as well as updating multiple artists’ rooming documents and flight grids across both events. Site visits for both events and hotels (for artist accommodation). Writing up and organising the sending out of important documents to artists and their crew - social protocols. Liaising between artists management, production and on-site artist management, simultaneously across events. Drawing up of the ‘Artist Lounge’ floor plans, and writing up the order form for all furniture, floral arrangements and entertainment facilities. Lots and lots of spreadsheets!
o Formula E (KSA) – Covid Welfare Coordinator (Jan’22 – Feb’22)
- Monitoring covid testing throughout the festival build, event week and break. Attending to the needs of those isolating, ensuring their physical and mental wellbeing as well as basic daily needs. Managing ones own time with attending to those isolating in multiple locations around Riyadh.
● September 2021 – Freelance: Kaz Hill Ltd – Artist Liaison, Overnight Lead (Isle of Wight Festival)
o Key responsibilities: Managing a team of 5 volunteers, meeting artists and helping with passes, escorting them to and from their dressing room to the stage – ensuring they were on time to sound checks and their full set. Ensuring dressing rooms were set up as requested and relevant paperwork had been filled out. Working into the early hours to turn around dressing rooms so they’re fully prepared for the Artists arriving the following day.
● October 2019 – August 2021: Kurt Geiger Ltd, Selfridges - Customer Experience Supervisor
o Key responsibilities: Working as part of a large team of 15, managing floor control and daily planners, stock management, till transactions and money handling, customer experience and satisfaction, and ensuring the achievement of demanding daily targets - CRMs and KPIs expected to be over 80% weekly, I consistently achieve around 90%. Customer experience is key!
● May 2021 – June 2021 – Freelance: Catherine Deane Bridal – Bridal Stylist
o Key responsibilities: Working one to one with clients styling their wedding outfit for each individual day, handling expensive goods and managing one’s own client list, processing orders for designer brands, ensuring made to measure or bespoke changes were clearly communicated, and correctly ordered, informing clients of alteration possibilities, and/or requirements, key holder – opening and closing the boutique and writing invoices.
● May 2019 – July 2019: The Wedding Club - Bridal Stylist
o Key responsibilities: Working one to one with clients to find and style their wedding outfit, handling expensive products and managing my own client list. Processing orders for designer brands, ensuring made to measure or bespoke changes were clearly communicated, and correctly ordered. Informing clients of alteration possibilities, and/or requirements. Key holder – opening and closing the boutique and hosting Trunk Shows.
● September 2017 – May 2019: Kurt Geiger LTD. – Brand Ambassador/Supervisor
o Key responsibilities: Working as part of a small team, assisting the Manager with sales and customer support as well as stock taking/ management. Knowing monthly store targets so I could set individual staff daily targets to achieve our goals and reporting weekly takings to management. Fulfilling online orders and processing returns as well as receiving/sending stock. Attending new season conference calls and holding staff training sessions.
● August 2016 – November 2017: Air Space (Oxygen Freejumping, LTD) – Air Crew/Head Party Host/Receptionist
o Key responsibilities: Organising, planning and hosting of parties and day to day activities. Public speaking to groups on arrival to the space with regards to rules, how to use the equipment and health & safety. Welcoming and signing in guests. Working with children with attention to health and safety practices as well as administering first aid as and when required.
In addition to my work experience over the last 5 years, I have been involved in lots of voluntary activities which I believe enhance my experience.
● October 2019 – March 2020: Event Manager - Mind – University of Greenwich
Key responsibilities: team management, venue management, liaising with artists, event proposal (65%), delegation, and event design and completing risk assessments.
● November 2019: Event Assistant - Made with Style London
Key responsibilities: assist with general event set up, model liaison and catwalk organisation/ running. Event playlist. General assistance for attendees and designers/ exhibitors.
● March 2019: Event Assistant - One fine Day (Bridal Trade Show)
Key responsibilities: assist event set up, lead organisation and distribution of stand/ exhibition furniture, welcoming guests, general liaising with guests and designers.
● March 2018: Artist Liaison – Runner - Ginger Owl Productions (Country to Country Festival)
Key responsibilities: greeting artists and escorting them to their dressing rooms, escorting artists around the venue (ensuring they’re on time to sound checks and their set) and running errands.
● July 2016: Student Volunteer - KiSS Charity (KiCA Uganda)
Working across two sites: installed a water tank, built a fence around the community hall site, and worked on their agricultural project – made 2,000 bricks for a classroom and cleared acres of land to be farmed. Local school, home and hospital visits.
● July 2015: Artist Liaison – Runner - Ginger Owl Productions (Calling Festival)
Key responsibilities: meeting artists and helping with passes, escorting them to and from their dressing room to the stage – ensuring they were on time to sound checks and their full set. Ensuring dressing rooms were set up as requested and relevant paperwork had been filled out. Managing own artist list.
● March 2015: Production Assistant - Ginger Owl Productions (Teenage Cancer Trust Concerts)
Key responsibilities: Ensuring all signage was up, clear and accurate. Ensuring dressing rooms were set up as requested, and responding to general enquiries.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
● 2018 – 2021: BA Events Management (2:1) University of Greenwich, London
● 2014 – 2017: A Levels John Henry Newman School, Hertfordshire
● 2012 – 2014: GCSE (8: A – C) John Henry Newman School, Hertfordshire
Thank you for taking the time to consider my profile, I hope to hear from you soon.