Graduate - Paul Hammond
Skilled Manager & Team Leader with experience expanding various sectors. Specialisms include Event Management, from conception to completion; Visual Merchandising, within a retail environment; and Sustainable Management.
BAO Soho London - April 2021 - present
As supervisor of a busy London restaurant, I am a hands-on, proactive and enthusiastic leader and try to inject my personality into my work to help inspire the team so that the best service is provided for a memorable customer experience, more of my duties include;
• Welcoming and attending to guests whilst showing an exceptional level of care and service to ensure that they leave with a positive and memorable experience.
• Overseeing the waiting staff to ensure the smooth running of all sections.
• Inspiring, motivating and training waiting staff to deliver the highest levels of service.
• Carrying out all opening and closing procedures of the restaurant.
• Being passionate and knowledgeable about the food and up-selling the many products we have available to hit weekly targets.
Events and Logistics Manager
Where is Your Head At Belfast - June 2019 - present
• Working as part of a small team, as Events Manager, my responsibilities include, set-up and breakdown of events, as well as demonstrating leadership skills to meet deadlines.
• Liaising with partner venues to secure space and create and carry out risk assessments for events as well as managing the online ticket booking system.
• Created new branding for the company including logo, social media platforms and website design.
• Act as an ambassador for the organisation and spokesperson when appropriate.
• Follow sustainable procedures to reduce carbon footprint, especially when organising outdoor events, this included choosing venues suitable for public transport to avoid attendees travelling by car, replacing all plastic cups and utensils with paper, and recycling any waste at the end of each event.
Visual Merchandiser and Supervisor
Tommy Hilfiger Belfast - Sept 2019 - March 2021
• Responsibilities included payroll and staff scheduling and observing company benefits.
• Collaboration with Marketing Department on planning and successfully implementing in store events.
• Ensuring the store meets compliance criteria for stock movements, stock takes and stock loss.
• Recruitment and all related HR paperwork and compliance.
• Lead from the front, trained staff and acted as a role model to ensure excellence in customer service initiatives.
• Increased knowledge of the importance of store identity by representing the brand and understanding the impact this can have on maximising sales and customer loyalty.
• Developed creativity skills through regularly updating window and in store displays and preparation for promotional events as well as liaising with company VM’s to develop floor plans and maximise space.
• Advising store staff on all aspects of visual merchandising and expected standards.
Events Assistant and Mixologist
Épernay Manchester - Sept 2017 - Nov 2018
• General administrative duties such as replying to emails, answering telephone calls as well as opening and closing the venue.
• Liaise with stakeholders and create and maintain a strong working relationship with a range of different organisations.
• Prepared accurate client invoices in a timely manner before events.
• Upselling and promoting the many different champagnes, wines and cocktails on offer.
• Coordinated on the day events for cooperate, private functions, gala dinners and meetings.
• Promote the organisation through weekly website content, social media and live streaming at events.
2017 - 2021 Bachelor of Arts in Events Management
Manchester Metropolitan University
2013 - 2015 Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
Belfast Metropolitan Collage
2008 - 2013 GCSE - Grades A- C
De La Salle High School
DIGITAL SKILLS & TRAINING
• MS Office (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom and InDesign)
• Skilled in Canva
• Digital literacy including knowledge of social media, online content creation for web
• Mental Health Awareness Training - Jan 2021
• BIIAB Level 2 Award for Health & Safety - Oct 2017
References available on request