Graduate - Mike Linford
A First Class BA (Hons) Events Management Graduate of Manchester Metropolitan University.
Experienced in event production, event marketing and event management. Highly energised within social environments and having the ability to work autonomously. I am now seeking to utilise my personable and self-motivated character to deliver towards the objectives and growth of an events organisation.
Manchester Metropolitan University - Events Management BA (with sandwich placement) | Achieved: First Class Honours [September 2017 – May 2021]
Marketing Executive | Kaluki (Kaluki Musik) | Manchester (Sandwich Placement) [October 2019 – September 2020]
- Implemented and organised a scheduling calendar: resulting in the ability to manage inbound work and prioritise projects and time in order to deliver on deadlines.
- Established growth of the company: researched and identified new topics and
successfully put them into practice. Continually updating my industry knowledge.
- Launched new event concept: Using my initiative and ambition, I organised a virtual event series to combat the cancellation of live events due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Collaborating with new brands and artists, this new event concept increased the brand awareness to over 75,000 viewers across multiple platforms.
- Developed and Implemented Marketing Campaigns: led innovative marketing
campaigns to maximise sales and brand awareness, contributing to the continual growth of the brand during a pandemic.
Event Production Assistant | Greenbelt Festival (Judgeday Productions) | - Kettering [August 2019]
- Managed site logistics: Acting as appoint of call for contractors, I directed resources to relevant areas and liaised with all parties regarding any queries or site issues.
- Operated within a fast paced environment: often required to work across multiple projects at once whilst also keeping open channels of communication with site contractors, resulting in the ability to stay calm under pressure and prioritise workload.
Event Manager | P.A.R.T.Y (Running Wild Events) | - Manchester [February 2019 – June 2019 ]
- Managed and organised shifts: Using Microsoft office packages and Google calendar I scheduled shift patterns for a team of over 30 sale representatives. With meticulous attention to detail, ensuring staff members achieved their required allocation of hours.
- Managed Relationships: Acting as the first point of call throughout the life cycle of the event. Being on hand to manage communications and liaising between venue managers, artists, staff, and contractors.
- Communication skills: Delivering bi-weekly recruitment and staff presentations across two university campuses in Manchester.
Sales Associate | Reiss | Manchester [June 2018 – June 2019]
Sales Associate | Selfridges | Manchester [July 2014 – September 2017]
- Build, manage and maintain customer relationships: To maximise sales and deliver KPI’s of the business, whilst encouraging repeat business.
- Thorough understanding of the company and product: offering customers a personable sales experience by confidently communicating information regarding popular product and trends, ultimately converting leads into sales.
- Delivering growth of the company: identifying opportunities to upsell to customers, encouraging further spend within. Store and contributing to the exposure of the brand.
- Enrolled on the Elevate Mentorship Programme – Working alongside an industry mentor to develop specific skills for the events industry
- Creative problem solving – I use my initiative and lateral thinking to tackle, reframe, and overcome challenges. I enjoy implementing innovative solutions and strategies.
- Sociable character – highly extraverted and energised in social environments
- Self-Motivated – I find purpose in my work and am motivated to work autonomously to invest effort in directing my work towards objectives
- Efficient – highly organised within work structuring tasks to meet deadlines
- Full Clean UK Driver’s License – With access to personal vehicle
- IT Proficient – Including Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro