Graduate - Mia Clarke
I am conscientious and hardworking and have the ability to work independently in a multi-tasking environment and adapt to changes effectively. Working as a logistic coordinator required a high level of attention to detail which is crucial in the events industry. Having lots of experience in volunteering enables me to have great communication skills. I am looking to apply my knowledge and gain further experience in events.
The Event Academy, 2019-2020
Foundation Course: Merit
Intensive Diploma: Distinction
I have recently graduated from The Event Academy as a Degree Alternative Student. I have worked on projects for clients such as UNICEF, Adidas and Pret a Manger. I have also orchestrated 2 virtual events and been selected by the academy to act as an event supporter for one of their virtual opening days.
Alderley Edge School for Girls, 2016 - 2018
A Levels: Photography A
AS Levels: Business C, Art C
RE•WORK April – present 2021
• Created the event platforms for upcoming events via softwares.
• Researched and liaised with appropriate speakers for upcoming events.
• Managed specific tracks on the event days, ensuring speakers were ready to go live and had all their materials set up and ready.
• Created the materials for upcoming events such as attendee List, PDF agenda, website agenda.
RE•WORK Sept – March 2021
• Assisted the CSO with executing new ideas & strategy, by researching, identifying and negotiating for appropriate opportunities.
• Updated and edited event websites via a custom-built content management system.
• Managed one of the round table discussions at a virtual event by enabling clear communication between the speaker and attendees via instructions and answering necessary questions to amplify their experience.
• Lead my own marketing campaign with my own blogs from research, and for Women in AI initiatives, to enhance lead generation and raise awareness.
Marketing In Partnership Jan. 2020
• Shadowed an event manager for a corporate event with 300 delegates.
• Communicated and built relationships with guests to ensure their flow of the journey was smooth.
• Contacted venues and suppliers for a roadshow in the future.
Nutrie Corporate Nutrition, Manchester, UK Jan – Aug 2019
Operations/ Marketing Assistant
• Worked as the logistics coordinator.
• Acted as a problem solver when customers complained, ensuring their experience was improved.
• Helped with the marketing aspect in social media, engaging with the correct audience by posting the correct content.
• Designed posts for social media.
Equilibrium Asset Management, Manchester, UK Dec.2019
• Worked in the events management department, planning 3 Christmas parties for 250+ guests.
• Dealt with dietary requirements, ensuring the guests received the correct meal on the day.
• Sorted the seating arrangements, ensuring all requests were taken into account.
• Photographed 2 of the events.
Mulberry Sale Nov. 2019
• Managed the cloakroom seamlessly for 100 guests.
• Collected donations and entry fee from guests.
Wired Smarter Oct. 2019
• Helped with set up of the stages, ensuring beverages were refilled and the layout was correct.
• Communicated with guests to ensure the crowd management was under control.
One Young World Oct. 2019
• Registered over 500 delegates throughout the 5 days of working via QR scan codes.
• Communicated with delegates to ensure they had a positive experience.
Centre 404 Pampering Day Oct. 2019
• Assisted with event prep such as making hampers for the raffle and set up of the room.
• Worked as a beauty therapist, giving manicures, pedicures and makeup
• I am an enthusiastic skier and have been skiing since I was 4 years old.
• I devote my spare time to cooking and the gym.
• Advanced IT skills with word and PowerPoint.
• Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award
• First Aid Certificate
• Driving license