Graduate - Ellie Doran
I am an aspiring events professional with a plethora of ever widening experience in the industry. I have developed a wide array of skills from administration to customer service. I am happy to dive into any given task with 100% enthusiasm and effort.
I am seeking to fully engage with events in new and challenging ways. I work well within a team, can adapt to a fast-paced environment, and am always excited to develop my current skillset.
UWE Bristol - MSc Events Management
Sept 2019 - January 2021. Achieved Distinction
University of Leicester - BA Human Geography
Sept 2013 - July 2016. Achieved a 2:1
● MS Office including Word, Outlook, Powerpoint
● Customer service
● Verbal and written communication
● Presentations and public speaking
● Team work
● Independent work
● Basic budgeting and finance
● Team leadership
● Cash handling
● Taking initiative
● Time management
Wales & West Utilities (via Pertemps) - HR Administration Assistant
March 2021 - Present
● Supporting HR processes such as family friendly, flexible working, and long term sickness.
● Maintaining and updating employee sickness records.
● Supporting the external recruitment process by creating conditional offer letters and new starter packs, as well as ensuring all details are passed to Occupational Health.
● Assisting in other ad hoc duties such as supporting a recent TUPE project, and training new colleagues.
Stitch Digital - Research Assistant
June 2020 (Work Placement)
● Market research for a 3D virtual events company to help further develop the business.
● Calling up potential clients to procure and log email contact details.
● Creating logs using Excel for competitor research, new product ideas, and industry news.
● Sitting in on client meetings to offer an extra perspective and raise insightful questions about products.
Sodexo, Liberty Stadium Swansea - Event and Staffing Assistant
August 2019 - November 2020
● Assisting at staff check in on match days. Setting up check in area, clocking in staff, distributing uniforms, and directing staff to work areas.
● Supporting Assistant Staffing Manager with match day paperwork and signing off timesheets when the main Staffing Manager went on sick leave.
● Working in front of house hospitality at meetings and conferences, providing friendly and professional customer service. Working on the bar in a members area on match days.
Compass Group, Principality Stadium Cardiff - Match Day Staffing Assistant
February 2019 - March 2020 (Furloughed)
● Working with the staffing team to sign in all retail and hospitality staff, checking uniforms, and distributing lunch packs.
● Looking after one full level of the stadium with other team members, collecting retail kiosk paperwork, ensuring all staff have signed in correctly, and conducting welfare checks. Supporting any areas that may get particularly busy with drink service.
● Collecting all staff uniforms upon check out, and directing staff to sign out area.
Compass Group, Olympia Exhibition Centre London - Event Staffing Assistant
October 2017 - January 2019
● Ensuring retail and hospitality areas are staffed to the appropriate levels, liaising with agencies to assist in this.
● Raising purchase orders and assisting with payroll processing.
● Building staff rotas for upcoming events, and booking staff in for shifts.
● Provided staffing administration cover at QEII Centre, including streamlining rota system in MS Excel, signing off agency timesheets, and processing internal casual staff work hours.
● Making sure that all staff uphold high standards of correct uniform.
● Carrying out monthly checks on first-aid equipment.
● Having knowledge of food hygiene, allergens, and H&S.
● Managing the staff check-in and cloakroom.
Oxfam Festivals Team, UK Festivals - Supervisor/Steward/Deputy Shift Leader (Volunteer)
August 2015 - PRESENT (Summer only)
● Logging radio traffic, and responding to radio queries from stewards and supervisors (as Deputy Shift Leader)
● Supervising teams of stewards, checking in on them and providing any necessary support with public issues, including medical needs (as Supervisor)
● Deploying Response stewards to locations where additional support is required (as Deputy Shift Leader)
● Looking out for the public’s well-being, being aware of safety risks and reporting when necessary. Offering assistance and information when necessary.
● Working as part of the wider festival team to ensure that festival activities run smoothly.
● Communicating with other stewards to control traffic flows, in terms of both crowds and vehicles.