Graduate - Daniel Brown
I am a highly enthusiastic and pro-active team leader with vast experience in live events and hospitality. Working various roles with Live Nation, Cancer Research UK and SJM Concerts has allowed me to expand my knowledge working under a variety of time pressures, clients, scenarios and face to face customer contact.
I am currently employed as an Online Delivery Driver at Sainsburys, delivering shopping to the vulnerable, disabled and key workers across Nottingham throughout the Coronavirus pandemic.
BA (Hons) Events Management (Sept 2017 – Sept 2020)
University Of Derby
Throughout my degree I took a keen interest in various modules including Event Production and Financial Operations which required me to develop a new event concept based on thorough screening of market, operational and financial feasibility. Strategic Management allowed me to identify and critically examine future developments within the service sector and develop appropriate management strategies and actions to facilitate change. The Event Legislation module involved analysis of the legal frameworks that underpin events operations, health and safety requirements and risk assessments, this enabled me to assess the management processes for a specific venue for a specific event. I graduated from the University of Derby with a First Class Honours.
The Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (May 2020)
The Open University
Google Digital Garage
Campsite Manager, Concierge Manager (2018 – Present)
Live Nation, VIP Nation, SJM Concerts
Employed as a VIP Campsite Manager and Concierge Manager at major UK festivals namely Download, Camp Bestival, Latitude, Wilderness and Creamfields.
• Managing a small team
• Liaising with vendors, suppliers and contractors throughout the festival lifecycle
• Overseeing and managing large campsites
• Adhering to the Health & Safety requirements of the festival
• Troubleshooting problems and issues on site
• Ensuring customer experience is as sold
• Ensuring customer facilities are working and up to standard
Midlands Events Team (2018 – Present)
Cancer Research UK
My main job responsibility within CRUK is as a Course Manager. This required me to be involved in the implementation of live events for the general public which comprised of monitoring, supervising and creating routes for 5km and 10km runs along with Pretty Muddy events, Half Marathons and Shine night walks. I ensure the events run safely and proficiently.
• Review risk assessments and make changes where necessary this is crucial with participants ranging from 500-2500 people.
•Troubleshooting on event day.
•Liaising with Traffic Management.
•Working in a fast-paced environment with a quick turnaround.
•Working under time constraints on live events for the general public.
Team Leader, Royal Engineers (2011 – 2017)
Providing support to the Emergency services, the main tasks were to search venues before the Royal Family and Government officials arrived for any suspicious packages, to make sure the area was safe for their arrival.
• Face-to-face interaction with multiple agencies whilst working on high profile tasks.
• Working in teams in highly demanding time frames and pressures ensuring the job was completely successfully.
• Upon being promoted to the rank of Lance Corporal my main tasks were teaching lessons to troops in various subjects and taking on a higher role of responsibility.
• Deployed to Kenya to provide clean drinking water facilities and rebuild and renovate orphanges within the country and also deployed to the United States working in conjunction with American Bomb Disposal teams, Homeland Security and the FBI.
Personal Licence Holder
02 March 2020
IOSH Managing Safely
14 April 2021
I am a keen digital content creator utilising the Adobe Creative Suite mainly Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro, I also enjoy photography taking pictures with my digital and analogue cameras.