Events Student - Gunjun Bist
An International Event Management student who is a well-spoken individual with creativity and determination. My skills include communication, problem solving, multitasking, adaptability to various situations, networking and being very observant and attentive. Looking to secure a placement within the events industry.
University of Surrey- BSc (Hons) International Event Management (September 2019 - Current)
- Year 1- 2:1
University Of Surrey- Foundation Program- Business (September 2018 - June 2019)
- Overall Aggregate Mark: 75
GEMS Wellington International School- International Baccalaureate Certificate Program (September 2016 - June 2018)
- Grade achieved: 32 points
Bar and Waiting Staff- Kalm Kitchen (January- March 2020)
- Worked behind the scenes with the catering staff to help set up and serve food and beverages.
- This allowed an insight into how briefings work to ensure the event runs smoothly and in time.
Camps International- Kenya Volunteering (March 2017)
- Constructed the foundation of a local school and organized mini events for the students and adults present in the local community.
- Improved my communication skills while also building organization and creativity skills.
Jumeirah Golf Estates (Dubai) - DP World Tour Championship (November 2016)
- Worked in the media department handling press conferences between golf players and the national media, improving my confidence in getting hands on directly onto the platform.
- Developed my multitasking and problem-solving skills.
Standard Chartered Dubai- Marathon (February 2016)
- Helped plan for the pre event phase and the live event day by contacting different suppliers making sure everything was ready.
- Gained skills such as networking, time- management, adaptability and communication throughout this experience.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Safety passport for Live Events (2019) - Private license
Driving license (UAE) (2018)
EXTRA CIRRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Tourism, Hospitality and Event Society Member
- THE BREXIT EDIT: YOUTH OPINION- Sub-cultured Magazine (November 2019)
- Worked as a Videographer during the shoot and Compiled a short video for the article.
- UNICEF Surrey member- Organizing fundraising events such as Game night, Rag week and multiple bake sales.
- Ongoing Global Graduate Language award in French
Stage 3- Currently
Stage 2- 70 (Grade achieved)
- Fluent- English and Hindi
Premiere pro- Edited short films and videos during my film subject in school.
Photoshop- Edited and created magazine front covers for my Media subject in
- Shooting Film/ Analog Photography
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
- Travelling to countries and documenting my travels through photography and videography
- Researching fashion for inspiration.
- Working out and learning about Fitness and Nutrition.
- Reading autobiographies on successful individuals and self-help books enabling me to better my skills or even learn new ones.
Available on request