3rd Year Events Student - Caitlin Ford
I am looking for any freelance roles at festivals over Summer - Festival management is the dream for me thus I am looking to venture further into such roles. I have a car so am able to travel for any potential positions.
I am a hardworking individual and hold a lot of pride for the company I work for. Starting my own events company, Televised (@TelevisedUK) has proven my passion for events and my commitment to any role I throw myself into. I have event experience in venue management, artist liaison, site office, accreditation, marketing and social media management, event promotion and planning and event management.
RELEVANT WORK HISTORY
Assistant General Manager – October 2021 - Present
- Opening and closing the club on club nights.
- Being first point of call for security, licensing, the Police, bar staff and promoters.
- Understanding club licensing and legislation.
- Administering light and sound on the night.
- Making independent decisions when it comes to crowd management.
- Have already been promoted to general manager pending my University graduation in 2022.
Marketing Manager – October 2021 – Present
- Working alongside promoters and photographers to promote upcoming events on our social media channels.
- Creating and implementing marketing campaigns for our in-house events ‘XLR: Presents’ including digital media, social media and physical print.
Founder / Promoter – February 2020 – Present
- Putting on drum and bass club nights in Manchester.
- Managing the social media pages which collectively have attracted over 800 followers (@televiseduk)
- Creating a strong brand image, concept and identity.
- A&R of upcoming DJs in Manchester to support and showcase through guest mixes on the SoundCloud.
Artist Liaison Assistant – September 2021
- Working with the artist liaison team on the main stage for Parklife 2021.
- Working alongside a rider to create high-quality, organised dressing rooms to artist taste.
- Withholding a polite and professional manner around artists, artist managers and tour managers.
Venue Manager at Manchester Pride Village – August 2021
- Liaising with head of concessions, the police, stage manager, head of security and bar managers to ensure the venue ran smoothly. Feeding back to the operational manager and event control.
- Making independent decisions when it comes to crowd flow management to ensure safety.
- Following a production schedule to oversee the build and break of the event; working alongside the site manager.
Site Office Assistant at Manchester Pride Live – August 2021
- Being responsible for radios, plant keys and cabin keys.
- Carrying out the accreditation procedure, including adhering to the COVID-19 accreditation protocol.
- Liaising with security, site crew, site manager and the event management team.
- Coordinating deliveries and collections as per the production schedule.
Marketing Coordinator – April 2021 – July 2021
- Creating and executing an effective marketing campaign.
- Running business social media accounts (@TuckIn.UK) following the brand tone and identity. I also quickly gained 2000 organic followers on the account through organic and PPC advertisement.
- Creating assets on social media utilising Canva, creating print (flyers, leaflets, banners) and liaising with suppliers to get these printed against a budget.
- Following my success as social media manager of their launch event, Tuck In promoted me to marketing coordinator.
Event Assistant – March 2021 – August 2021
- Liaising with suppliers for production of Manchester Pride.
- Creating the staff planner for Manchester Pride including liaising with all contractors of the festival.
Runner / Artist Liaison – November 2019
Time Management – I am punctual and can prioritise tasks evident through my marketing campaigns implemented at Televised, XLR and Tuck In in various marketing management roles.
Teamwork – I can delegate roles within a team and communicate effectively to get tasks done efficiently – this is evident in my 5 years of hospitality experience previous to working in events – alike in Costa Coffee and AO Arena.
Leadership – I have great leadership skills and I am confident to work with different people and give honest feedback – evident through the planning of my launch event when working with graphic designers, artist managers, venue owners etc. My various venue management experience also shows my confidence to delegate tasks, make independent decisions and take on the responsibilities of a team.
Passion and Dedication – Setting up my own events company, Televised, alongside my studies showcases my passion for events and my eagerness to get my foot in the door and get stuck in. This is also shown through my commitment to undertaking the EM Mentoring Programme.
BIMM Manchester – October 2019 – June 2022
Studying a BA (Hons) in Events Management. Currently in my third year.
First Year: 72 (First)
Second Year: 75 (First)
St. Leonards School, Durham - January 2017 – June 2019
BCD including a B in business.
Wolsingham School, September 2011 – June 2016
10 A*-B including maths (A) and English language (A*).
I have an immense passion for music and events – having attended many festivals and events myself – particularly in the drum and bass scene. I also enjoy DJing in my free time and frequently practice at Pirate Studios.
References available on request.