2nd Year Student - Char-leigh Bird
Second year Events Management student at the UK Centre for Events Management at Leeds Beckett university. An outgoing and confident person with a desire to enter the world of professional Event Management or marketing. Enthusiastic and keen to learn, strong organisational skills and the ability to thrive under pressure. Capable of taking responsibility and ensuring that tasks are undertaken to the highest standard. Always aware of providing good customer service and satisfaction, conscious of health and safety and a good time manager. With a keen interest in culture and travelling abroad, enjoy new experiences and surroundings.
Education / Academic Qualifications
Outwood Academy, Adwick (2013- 2019)
English Literature - 5
English Language - 4
Maths - 4
Science - C
Religious Education - 4
Food Technology - C
ECDL ( Microsoft office) - A
Outwood Academy Adwick – A Level Results
Health and Social Care (BTEC) - Merit, Distinction
Business Studies (BTEC) - Merit
I am currently at Leeds Beckett University studying Events Management
• Creative Event Marketing – technical and creative presentation and storytelling in a vlog I created, using key segmentation and marketing strategies. Setting up social media sites for the event.
• Event Planning – working in a team and delegating groups roles. Organising meetings and creating presentations, budgeting and forecasting costs accurately in assessments.
• Staging Safe Events – getting my personal license. Working on excel to create an event manual.
• Event Law and Business – including events organisations, insurance and liability and contract law.
Aiming towards a 2:1 at the end of second year
Work Experience History
Dynamite Pink floor agency (2019-2020) – Floor Sales
• Peak customer demand – working on weekends.
• Achieving high sales and meeting targets – had to sell a set amount of alcohol on the shift.
• Build rapport with staff and customers.
• Flexibility – working in numerous venues every weekend and adapting to new situations.
StarBar (2017/2018) – Bartender
• Working under pressure – peak times.
• Integrity and listening to others – while dealing with customer complaints.
• Communication – talking to people from different backgrounds and knowing how to approach each individual.
Thornhurst Manor – (2018) Event Manger Assistant
• Great team player – working with other staff members and sharing ideas of how the venue should look and getting touch with suppliers.
• Detail oriented – helping with the design of the venue for weddings and other events taken place.
• A desire to learn – shadowing professional event managers on what their roles involve in real life situations.
Hobbies and Interests
Enjoy swimming and going to the gym when having free time with friends as it keeps me physically healthy and has a positive effect on my mental health. This ensures having a positive mind set at work which is important. Participate in charity events such as colour runs to support local charities that they donate too, while having a fun time. Doing spontaneous activities such as skydiving and overcoming my fear of heights. Visiting new places and cultures with close friends and family.
References available upon request