Graduate - Claire Pattison
A confident, creative thinking and self-motivated individual with a passion for live music events whose calling to the events industry started in 2016 after attending the Coldplay ‘Head Full of Dreams’ Tour, by realising my love of live music events could be turned into a career. Aspiring to work towards giving the same positive experience had at live music events to future consumers. A BSc Events Management graduate with a 1st Class degree, and over 3 years’ experience working in and managing teams, social media marketing and management.
BSc Events Management, Canterbury Christ Church University, 2018 -2021
• Achieved 1st degree classification.
• Dissertation title: To explore UK festivals’ digital response to COVID-19 and the impact of this on festivals’ digital presence in the future.
o Worked in a team of six to create a stall for Sustainability Fair live event as part of the studies in Jan-March 2020, designed the logo chosen for the festival, however the event was cancelled, and an online portfolio was created instead.
• Skills and experience gained in creating tailored marketing reports, academic writing, primary research (surveys, interviews, and analysing data), and project initiation document.
Sir Joseph Williamsons Mathematical School, 2016 - 2018
• A Levels: Government and Politics (C), Psychology (C), Economics (C).
Brand Ambassador, Stellar Recruitment (previously known as MASH Staffing), Aug 2018 - Present
Brand Ambassador on behalf of various companies, interacting with the public to deliver key brand messages, promote new products, offer product demonstrations, and encouraging participation in competitions.
• Notable projects: GHD, Samsung, The Co-op.
Estuary Festival 2021 Roaming Invigilator and Micro-leader, Cement Fields, May – June 2021
Public facing, interacting with audience members to encourage people to explore and understand the artworks on exhibition.
• Collecting a minimum of 4 visitor feedback questionnaires per day on behalf of The Audience Agency.
Social Media Manager, Bobby’s Bar at Chatham Town FC, Mar – Apr 2021
• Creating promotional material, designing logos and social media content using Canva and Adobe Photoshop.
Ticket Salesperson and Events Promotion Strategist, Canterbury Vibes, Aug 2018 – Feb 2021
• Online event promotions writing copy and social media content to encourage ticket sales, whilst moderating various student groups across social media.
• Working as a brand ambassador at university ‘fresher’s fair’. Promoting upcoming events, approaching societies to initiate business relationships to pitch hosting their future events.
Volunteer Events Promotion Strategist, Unleash Today, Sept – Jan 2021
Unleash Today is a book which aims to empower young females in the workplace at any stage in their career.
• Spearheading the promotional strategy for virtual events by managing social media channels, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
• Graphic design of 15 event posters, and 6 pieces of visual content for social media using Canva.
• Collaborating with an international team, remotely working during COVID.
University Work Experience Project, Visit Kent, Sept – Dec 2019
Leading a team of 4 on the project of evaluating Visit Kent’s ‘Summer in Kent’ digital marketing campaign.
• Analysing digital marketing campaign materials and data which informed the creation of 2 street-based surveys in Kent and London.
• 15 minute oral presentation outlining results and recommendations for future campaigns
NCS Team Leader, Medway Youth Trust, June – July 2019
Led a team of 15 young people, providing support, running activities and facilitating a positive experience of the NCS programme.
• Raising £800 for charity by co-ordinating young people in organising two fundraising events, quiz night and sponsored fancy dress walk. Managing operations by guiding young people in best practise for events management, maintaining and building relationships with staff, businesses, and communicating with parents.
• Managed conflicts by being highly vigilant and enforcing safeguarding procedures where necessary.
Interests and Achievements
Founder, Date Night Designer, 2020 – Present
An Instagram and TikTok food and experience blog which recommends and reviews businesses.
• Increased Instagram social media followers to 1, 171 since 2020 by creating highly engaging content (52 posts).
• Gained 107 followers on TikTok by creating engaging videos through understanding the digital landscape, one reaching over 40k views.
• Judged for both the Rochester, and Medway Food and Drink Awards 2021.
Internship Experience in Business, Operations and Marketing, Bright Network, July 2020
Gained valuable insight and access to sector-led workshops delivered by industry professionals such as Google.
• Proposed a new marketing strategy to increase consumer awareness and drive sales for Enterprise Rent-A-Car project through the creation of a short presentation.
Publication: ‘Community Series: COVID-19 – The Impact on Live Music’, Vibe Tickets, May 11th 2020
FAAA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
(Other accreditations and previous retail and bar work experience outlined in LinkedIn profile).