Graduate - Chiara Ventu
Education and Training
University of East London, United Kingdom (2018 – 2021)
BA (Hons) Events Management
Modules: Key skills in Events Management; Service Sector Marketing -Principles and Practice; Principles of Event Theming and Design; Managing the Impacts and Implications of Events.
Ferrini Institute, Italy (2011 – 2016)
Perito nel Turismo (equivalent to A levels)
Subjects: Economy, Law, Art, English, Spanish, German
Mar – Apr 2021 Winning Event Contracts | University of East London
• Working in a team of three to come up with a creative event solution for the city of Ripon (UK) in order to positively impact on increasing local tourism, supporting the community and their economy.
• As Ripon is a very historical city, we are working on an event bid that will attract people and allow spending, but still in respect of the local culture and environment.
Feb - Apr 2021 MICE - Event Pitch and Launch | University of East London
• Working in a team of four to come up with an event idea and pitch it to the class. We shaped our event into a webinar for helping students to manage stress at university ‘Wellbeing Wednesday’.
• Whilst handling several tasks in the role of event design director I particularly enjoy ensuring that the values and objectives the event was created on are respected in the pre-event engagement and execution of the experience.
Events Management Experience
Front Desk Team Member | Ibis London Stratford (Aug 2017 – Present)
• Manage group bookings for guests visiting the area for sport and music events
• Provide up to date information and assistance with queries & solving matters.
• Respond to online reviews, manage commissions & required documentation.
• Stay alert at all times for any odd behaviors & take action against threats
Tourist Information Assistant | Cannobio For You, Italy (May – Jun 2015)
• Promoted local services, businesses, and products.
• Managed businesses’ and customers’ queries.
• Managed between English, German and Spanish according to the visitors’ main language.
Sales Assistant | The Shop, Stratford (Nov 2016-Aug 2017)
• Dealt with payments and refunds.
• Helped customers with their requests and promoted products.
Social Media handler | Event Relief 24hr Marathon (March 2021)
• I was responsible for posting on LinkedIn information about some of the sessions, such the discussion topic, who were the guest speakers, donations update and trying as well to attract the audience into watching the live discussions, stimulate to interact with posts and invite to donate.
Hostess | Stresa World Model Expo, Italy (July 2014)
• Handled entry of guests and their items, guided and assisted them when needed until their exit.
• Supervised the exhibitions and ensured smooth running of the competitions by keeping a close eye on potential and known issues.
Collaborator | Pizza Celebration (July 2014-2015-2016)
• Scheduled the food distribution ensured smooth running of the work by keeping the area clean and organised
Interests and hobbies
I enjoy travelling, exploring and learning about cultures. I am an art passionate and I have a particular attention to details, so whenever I have some free time I like to go and wander, taking pictures with my camera. I am very fond of music, concerts and festivals, and sports such as volleyball, badminton, swimming.